We’ve been back from Iceland a few days now and before we start writing a bit more in detail about the places we visited, what we’ve done and other previous destinations, it’s time to wrap up our Iceland travel diaries section here in the blog. One thing is certain, talking about our travels is even more fun that we initially expected!
Fifteen days was the length of our trip to Iceland. Our goal was simple: to see as much as possible and enjoy every single moment – the usual. During these days, we went around and about across the country, seeing most of its magnificent landscapes and nature. There’s still plenty of things to see, but we believe we covered a pretty good area. The experience acquired traveling in Iceland will be used to produce a better and more insightful planning guide, that hopefully our readers will find useful in planning their own trip to Iceland.
We managed to produce five parts for our travel diaries, with short summaries of day-to-day events. Each part has some photos of those days, all without any post-processing, that better show all the beauty of Iceland. Here’s the link to that:
One thing we really enjoy is gathering random fun facts about our trips. Let’s look at some:
- 4500 km of roads driven (some sealed, others not so much)
- 4 hiked volcanoes
- 5 glaciers seen, 1 walked
- 15+ major waterfalls (plus plenty other “minor” ones)
- 20+ golf courses seen (even in the most remote places!)
- 4 meat soups
- 7 skyrs
- animals crossing the road in front of us: 1 arctic fox, 7 hairy cows, 1 sheep gang, 325342 isolated sheep
- 30+ seals
- countless number of birds and species
- 2 minke whales
- saw the northern lights
- saw a “burning” volcano (from far :))
- number one Icelandic radio song: París Norðursins, by Prins Póló
Hope you liked our travel diaries!